Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Treat Baskets tutorial!



Papers by Stampin Up
( Sending Love Specialty #117153)
So Sweet stamp $1 from M's
Ivory 1/8" satin ribbon
1/8" hole punch
Scalloped Circle punch


This morning I sat down and made these cute little treat baskets for Valentines day! All you need is 1 sheet of 6x6 double sided paper, a hole punch, and some narrow ribbon, and the ability to score your paper with a score board or bone folder- and 5 minutes.  I will be taking these to my sons kindergarten teachers on Friday- I'm going to work at the school book fair for a few hours that day. Don't forget these cute little baskets can be made for any other holiday or occassion simply by changing your papers! So here is my first ever tutorial- ooooh I'm so excited! Go get your supplies and follow along!

I'll show you how to make these right now!

 Start with a 6"x6" piece of patterned paper and score it at 2" & 4" on the first side of your paper- give it a quarter turn and score the other side at 2" & 4" again.

Now we need to score a line from each 4 corners into where your score lines interesect.
I found it was easiest to fold the entire piece of paper corner to corner and then score. Don't worry- no one will see the score lines as they will be on the bottom.
Now we are going to pull up each corner and fold it into a triangular point. At this time you will want to punch a small hole near the tip as this is where you will thread your ribbon through. I used and 1/8" hole punch and 1/8" ribbon.


Feed the ribbon through the 4 points and tie in knot or a pretty bow. I tied a simple knot first, then threaded the ribbon through my tag before tying a bow. And that's it- it's done! Wasn't that super quick and easy!

You can add a small tag or charm and then fill it with the candy of your choice and you are good to go- a sweet treat box for your special loved ones!


 I hope you enjoyed this and that the directions were clear as mud. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my first tutorial. I hope to do many more tutorials in the future.

Have a sweet Valentines day everyone!

Anne





6 comments:

  1. Those are cute!
    (someday I'll figure out why I'm Tom! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable Anne! Thanks for the great tutorial - I have to try to make some.

    Heather Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Anne! Great job on your first tutorial! Very easy to follow! Can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Anne! This is my first visit to your blog. I'm now a follower. Your cards & projects are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne that is a terrific project and thanks so much for the outstanding tutorial. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a SUPER awesome project... found you from Paper Friendlies updates on great projects... this is super easy and VERY easy to understand, coming from me... that means it IS EASY!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments- they are always appreciated!